Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection (BHTP), a leading provider of travel insurance, today announced the launch of a new product, WaveCare, which provides travel insurance specifically tailored for the needs of cruise travelers.
“WaveCare is expressly designed for the fastest growing sector of the industry, cruising,” said Dean Sivley, president of Berkshire Hathaway Travel Protection. “Our comprehensive solution provides cruisers with higher medical and evacuation coverage limits for their trip and introduces BHTP’s innovative fixed benefit in the event the cruise is disabled along the way.”
Specifically, WaveCare provides:
• Up to $750,000 in medical evacuation coverage, BHTP’s highest limit
• Up to $75,000 in emergency travel medical insurance
• A fixed benefit of $500 when the traveler is confined on board for more than five hours because the cruise ship is disabled
• Comprehensive trip cancellation, interruption, delay, missed connection, and baggage protection
• A pre-existing condition waiver when insurance is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit date
• 24/7 global travel assistance
BHTP has also announced enhancements to its industry-first fixed benefit insurance product for air travelers, AirCare®. Starting at only $26 for domestic and international round-trip flights, AirCare now covers late night delays and flight diversions as well as flight cancellations, flight departure delays, tarmac delays, missed connections, lost baggage, and baggage delays. Travel insurance fixed benefits ensure faster claims payment – no receipts necessary.
BHTP, well known for its revolutionary travel insurance products and services, also provides travelers with an easy “pic-and-a-click” claims process, flight tracking and expedited payments for travel disruptions via BHTP Burst.
© 2019 David Mazor
Disclosure: David Mazor is a freelance writer focusing on Berkshire Hathaway. The author is long in Berkshire Hathaway, and this article is not a recommendation on whether to buy or sell the stock. The information contained in this article should not be construed as personalized or individualized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.