Berkshire Hathaway’s furniture retail chain Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM) is using Hawksearch, a site search platform that utilizes advanced machine learning and pattern analysis to deliver the best search experience for website visitors.
NFM needed a search and merchandising engine that could support their online ecommerce growth.
Choosing the platform-agnostic Hawksearch tool, the new NFM website includes:
• A powerful search tool that customizes the site search experience
• Large number of filters available for NFM’s wide assortment of products
• Ability to support region based pricing and availability for their stores
• Ability to build and merchandise product landing pages
• Specific SEO requirements in terms of filters and landing pages so they have the ability to rank their landing pages for long tail searches
• Ability to build dynamic widgets that are capable of returning:
o Top Brands
o Top Products
o Top Categories
• Sync functionality that allows merchandisers to preview and test their changes before publishing them to production
• Ability to leverage the search tool in each store on tablets that NFM sales representatives use
NFM utilizes Hawksearch in very unique ways. The entire content on their site, from the homepage to the product detail page, is driven using Hawksearch Merchandising features. Hawksearch allows NFM to tailor the content displayed on the website, depending on the region and other factors about their users. The new site has an extremely clean filter design and includes an intuitive website experience that allows visitors to easily find the products they’re interested in.
Hawksearch CTO Shreyas Kamath said, “We’re proud to provide the powerful Hawksearch tool to Nebraska Furniture Mart. We’re continuously looking to further streamline the site search experience for our customers in order to increase their conversions and sales, allowing for a truly remarkable and productive user experience.”
NFM is one of the largest home furnishing stores in North America selling furniture, flooring, appliances and electronics. They were founded in 1937 in Omaha, Nebraska and acquired by Berkshire Hathaway in 1983. Nebraska Furniture Mart has locations in Omaha, Kansas City, Des Moines, and Dallas.
© 2019 David Mazor
Disclosure: David Mazor is a freelance writer focusing on Berkshire Hathaway. The author is long in Berkshire Hathaway, and this article is not a recommendation on whether to buy or sell the stock. The information contained in this article should not be construed as personalized or individualized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.