Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company (BHSI) has expanded its leadership team in Dubai with the appointment of executives to fill key product line and service posts.
“Building a strong foundation of servicing capabilities and local knowledge and expertise is critical to BHSI’s long term plans in the Middle East,” said Marc Breuil, President, BHSI, Asia Middle East. “Since DIFC BHSI commenced operations in February, we have established a strong and dynamic team to bring DIFC BHSI’s unmatched financial strength and capital to the Middle East.”
“Our new teammates in Dubai embody the excellent capabilities and strong character that is so valued by BHSI and by our customers,” said Alessandro Cerase, Senior Executive Officer, BHSI Middle East. “They will lead our efforts to bring BHSI’s long-term focus, multi-line underwriting and service excellence to customers throughout the Middle East. We are pleased to welcome them aboard.”
The BHSI appointees include:
• Aisling Malone, Head of Executive & Professional Lines. Aisling was previously Head of Professional Liability Cyber MENA and Senior Underwriter at AIG MEA Limited. Aisling is joined by Joe Saab, Senior Underwriter.
• Emir Erdur, Head of Casualty. He was previously Casualty Leader and Regional Underwriter of Casualty for the MEA region at QBE Insurance (Europe) Limited. Emir is joined by Mohammed Hannoun, Senior Underwriting Manager.
• Carlos Beltran, Head of Commercial Property. Carlos was previously Regional Vice President, P&C Underwriting at Chubb Latin America.
• Meenakshi Srinath, Head of Marine. Prior to BHSI, Meenakshi was Head of Marine (Gulf and KSA) at AXA Insurance Gulf.
• Kapil Palathinkal is Head of Energy and Construction. Kapil was most recently the Energy & Engineered Risk Manager for the Arabian Hub at AIG. Kapil is joined by Anuradha Sekar, Senior Underwriter.
• Pruthviraj More, Senior Risk Engineer. Pruthviraj joins BHSI from Allianz Global Corporate Specialty where he was a Property Loss Control Engineer.
• John Lewis, Head of Claims. John was previously Head of Claims at Zurich Insurance DIFC Dubai.
Earlier this year BHSI announced the appointment of Alessandro Cerase as Senior Executive Officer (SEO) and Neeraj Yadvendu as deputy SEO and Head of Third Party Lines for the Middle East, both based on Dubai. Alessandro also leads First Party Lines for BHSI’s broader Asia Middle East region, which includes BHSI’s other regional hubs of Hong Kong and Singapore as well as BHSI operations in Malaysia and Macau.
© 2018 David Mazor
Disclosure: David Mazor is a freelance writer focusing on Berkshire Hathaway. The author is long in Berkshire Hathaway, and this article is not a recommendation on whether to buy or sell the stock. The information contained in this article should not be construed as personalized or individualized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.