Berkshire Hathaway has been ranked as the number seven insurer among the top ten list of global insurers. Berkshire climbed three notches from last year’s ranking.
The ranking of the world’s largest global insurance companies by non-banking assets was released by A.M. Best in the Jan. 1, 2018, issue of BestWeek.
The top 10 global insurers ranked by 2016 non-banking assets are:
1. MetLife Inc., United States
2. AXA S.A., France
3. Allianz SE, Germany
4. Prudential Financial Inc., United States
5. Japan Post Insurance Co., Ltd., Japan
6. Nippon Life Insurance Company, Japan
7. Berkshire Hathaway Inc., United States
8. Prudential plc, United Kingdom
9. Legal & General Group plc, United Kingdom
10. Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., Italy
© 2018 David Mazor
Disclosure: David Mazor is a freelance writer focusing on Berkshire Hathaway. The author is long in Berkshire Hathaway, and this article is not a recommendation on whether to buy or sell the stock. The information contained in this article should not be construed as personalized or individualized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.